Welcome back to the 2021-2022 school year and back on to the campus of Cajon High School! I am so excited to be able to get back to making music in person and interacting face-to-face with Cajon students and parents. We are in the process of navigating the near-future of precautions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and with your help and cooperation, we will be able to make music, socialize, and stay safe as we return to school!
Here are some new changes that are happening to the music department as we return back to school:
- COVID-19 Measures:
- Seating has been taped off to maintain a suggested 3 foot distance
- Classroom guitars will be wiped down at the beginning/end of every class period
- Band/orchestra room will be open during lunchtime/after school only for those with reserved practice time.
- Practice time can be reserved online
- Sorry vets- no more microwave or refrigerator access.
- Technology in class- with the district’s establishment of access 1-to-1 devices, we will be using Chromebooks/laptops/tablets/smartphones to access assignments in class.
- Sheet music for band/orchestra will be printed.
- 4 reservable practice facilities: two rear practice rooms, piano room, and main band room floor
Many changes and adjustments to the physical space are still in progress in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for any updates to practice space and scheduling availabilities. Sorry in advance for any inconveniences- these changes have to be made as improvements for both a safer and more efficient usage of space.
Announcements, Week of 8/2/2021
Marching Band Meeting: We will be hosting a marching band interest meeting on Thursday, August 5th, 2:45pm-3:15pm in the Band/Orchestra Room (E7). We will be discussing plans for the 2021-2022 school year as well as drumline auditions.